Smart Content Factory
Mondeca’s Smart Content Factory (SCF) leverages the power of semantic technologies to boost the productivity of content management and delivery processes and bring about new smarter ways to interact with content. SCF helps clients to aggregate relevant domain data models and vocabularies and then infuse them into generic systems such as search and recommendation engines, Business Intelligence, or Content Management Systems. As a result, these software systems “learn” the language of their users and can dramatically boost their performance and ROI.
Why make content smarter?
Generate higher revenues from your content
- Reuse and resell more content thanks to finer semantic structure and greater interoperability
- Improve SEO and cross-selling through semantic indexing and offer matching
- New services based on interoperable data mashups
Deliver higher value to content consumers
- Efficient access through better retrieval and personalization
- Clarity and insight through better contextualization, discovery, and analytics
What is smart content?
Evolution of content representation
The way content is represented in software systems has evolved over time. The new representations make the content easier to process automatically, thereby improving efficiency of content management processes and bringing about new smarter ways to interact with content.
The latest content representation model focuses on its semantic aspects. It helps to formalize and structure content metadata as well as the knowledge hidden in the unstructured content. The semantic standards such as OWL, RDF, and SKOS represent information as a conceptual graph that captures and formalizes the semantic structure of the information so that it can be better processed by computers (e.g., Google’s Knowledge Graph ).
Such representation also allows to model domain languages in order to help computer systems better process domain content. Such domain models effectively « teach » various software systems (CMS, search engines, content analytics, etc) the language of the client’s business.
Aspects of Smart Content
How smart is your content? To answer this question, you need to audit your current content management and delivery processes to determine whether there are any high-impact areas that fall short of the best practice recommendations. The audited features should include querying, navigation, question answering, analytics, discovery, personalization, interoperability, and reuse.
How does the Smart Content Factory work ?
Smart Content Factory (SCF) implements Google’s Knowledge Graph concept in the enterprise world. We have applied this concept in six types of use cases.
- Semantic Portals : Powerful and unified search and navigation experience for your readers
- Linked Open Data : Rich Linked Data publishing workflow making use of multiple ontologies and vocabularies
- Knowledge Bases : Flexible knowledge management for enrichment, question answering, and analysis
- Customer Care : Semantic rules to bring the right content at the right time for each customer
- Digital Asset Management : Efficient management, archiving, and access based on automated content annotation
- Search Engine Optimization : Higher search engine ranking thanks to optimized content metadata
SCF consists of multiple components as illustrated below:
The « red » components help to author, manage, match, and enrich semantic knowledge graphs, including the various domain vocabularies.
The « orange » components connect structured knowledge graphs with unstructured content. On the one hand, they use the semantic graphs to enrich and normalize content metadata, and on the other hand, they use text analytics to extract new knowledge and enrich the knowledge graphs. This creates a self-learning feedback loop that can be run in a fully automatic or a semi-automatic modes.
The « green » components publish the formalized content. Clients can either use our publication component or feed the content into their own systems, such as Content Management Systems, Digital Asset Management systems, or search engines.
To find out more, select the component of interest in the Products menu.
SCF boosts productivity of content management and delivery processes and brings about new smarter ways to interact with content:
- Automate content annotation, classification, enrichment, integration, and quality control.
- Reduce the cost of data integration thanks to semantic interoperability.
- Implement efficient collaborative workflows for knowledge management.